What you will need for this project...
- painted burlap fabric or laminated burlap sheets in white and natural
- good pair of scissors
- scrap paper for cutting out the templates
- hot glue gun
- twine or ribbon
- white paint and light blue acrylic craft paint
- stencil for lettering (store bought or your own cut stencil)
- makeup sponge or stencil brush for applying paint
- Sharpie permanent marker in black for shading
If you haven't discovered laminated burlap sheets yet, then you are in for a treat! They will make your life so much easier when you have a small burlap project. You can put them right through your printer when you hand feed them. I found mine at Walmart in the craft section. They also come in white and in canvas now. Perfect for prints and for banners as they stay stiff and do not fray!
Here's a shot of the burlap aprons that I had a friend sew for me. The toile apron was made from a curtain. I just love repurposing!
You could make yours say whatever you like. I have a lot of leftover banners. Know of any photographers or moms of babies who might like one?
Hope I have inspired you to get creative with burlap....
Blessings,Make sure to click on the links below for more inspiration!