What a great week for furniture refinishing! This week we will share: (1) how a pro combined her skills with another pro to get a finished product, (2) how to refinish raw wood using hemp oil, (3) how to get the perfect French Country look, and (4) how to get a great finish using chalky-finish spray paint in a can.
Are you ready? ;o)
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FEATURES!
Although Ashley from Vintage Refined is an expert in furniture refinishing, she didn't have the experience necessary to handle the upholstery. On her post, she explains how she combined her skills with those of another expert to create this beautiful checked chair. It's really a good lesson in DIYing what you can and then hiring an expert for the rest. Thanks for linking, Ashley.
Lisa from The Purple Hydrangea had to remove layers and layers..........and.... layers and layers of paint from this beautiful spindle-leg table. Once the wood was finally revealed, it seemed a shame to cover it up again. On her blog, she explains how she used only hemp oil to achieve this lovely natural finish. Thanks for sharing this process with us, Lisa.
Nancy from Slightly Coastal Designs is one of our resident decorators and lovers of all things French Country. In her post, she explains how a dark and dated French table is refinished and perfectly distressed to sport a sweet French Country look. Love the table, Nancy. Thanks so much for sharing.
And Crystal, from What Treasures Await, used a chalky-spray-finish paint that comes in a can to color-up this lovely chair. Being a lover of all things aqua, I couldn't help but adore the easy-on-the-eyes richness. Thanks so much for linking, Crystal.
If you are one of our featured contributors, please honor us by grabbing the feature button.
Thanks again to everyone who participated in this week's Friday's Furniture Fix.
We can't wait to see what you will have for us this time around.
Susie from The Chelsea Project
Yours truly from Patina Paradise
READY TO ROCK THIS PARTY?
1. This is a furniture link party. Please only link up if your post has something to do with making a piece of furniture look great.
2. Please share up to 3 furniture makeovers
3. All links must be your original work (no round-ups please)
4. No links to Etsy stores or advertisements
5. Please link up to your original post so other participants can pin your work from your blog.
6. Share the love! Please pin or comment on at least two other links. Pinky swear? We promise, it will make the blog world a better place :)
7. By sharing your work with us, you are giving us permission to feature your work on our blogs and social media.
8. By linking up with us, you are giving permission for us to send you a weekly link-up reminder. You can unsubscribe from this reminder at any time - no hard feelings!
9. Please link back to the party by grabbing a button or placing a text link in your blog post so others can find us too!
10. Please follow your hosts in some way. You can find our social media links above. You never know - we may just tweet or instagram your piece!
And now.....time to party