guinea feathers… I love the natural polka dot pattern and gathered them together along with some more natural elements to layer onto jars and make them pretty for Fall or Thanksgiving… or even for a Fall Wedding!
Here is what you will need for this project:
- medium sized jars
- white burlap fabric or burlap printer sheets
- oak leaves… real or artificial
- guinea feathers and black feathers
- fabric of your choice cut into strips
- tags (painted mason jar tags)
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- acorn tops (optional)
Easy Steps to getting the look…
1. Measure the width of your jar and cut a burlap strip around 2 inches high and the width of the jar to wrap all the way around.
2. Cut a thinner strip of fabric of your choice and wrap around burlap tying two knots at the end of it and cutting off the excess.
3. Carefully tuck your leaf in behind the knotted area.
4. Add your feathers on each side either behind or in front of the leaf. I changed it around for each jar.
5. Using some hot glue or some twine add some homemade or store bought tags.
Here is the tutorial on how to make the tags you see above… FAUX ENAMEL TAGS
They really are very simple to make, and cost very little but make a pretty statement. Hope I have inspired you to get creative with some jars and items you can probably find in your backyard.
Make sure to check out more inspiration for Fall below…